Torrid is Lane Bryant for Mean Girls

Your look inside of my musical heart.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

The start of something obnoxious: An Introduction.

There was a point, not too long ago that I had to realize how easily my musical tastes were being influenced by what was available to me, rather than what I actually enjoyed. It was such a harsh realization, that it really sent me into somewhat of a depression, but getting back on track was easier than ever.

What did I need to do? It was simple. I had to think back to where I came from. I thought back to every summer night that I spent with my friends, working at Dairy Queen, making a bullshit wage, and dealing with bullshit ice cream junkies. I didn't care about the money situation at all, because it wasn't going to work, it was getting paid to talk about music for 6-8 hours a day with my friends. And when the paychecks came in, we all went and spent them at Record Breakers before we even went home.

Granted, at this point of my life I had a car that cost me less than $500 and I was in doing well in high school, so my parents really were pretty open minded to me blowing paychecks on what I loved. They saw it as an alternate to some of the ways the neighborhood kids were spending their money on teenage vices. Music was and is my vice.

I've never been a musical snob, and I really have a short patience for those who are. For all intents and purposes, music is personal. The profits of certain music, often times, cloud what the music was intended for...the listener.

A few years ago, I made the decision that I wanted to entertain the ears of masses. Radio was what excited me, and still does to this very day. As long as you have a radio to listen to, I want to talk to you through it.

My experience started about 3 and a half years ago, when I was lucky enough to join a show that I spent my Friday nights listening to when I was in high school. All Ages Radio on WONC 89.1FM has been my life ever since. Today, I now juggle the show, with a job in the world of corporate radio. When I decided that radio was for me, I also decided that I wanted to go all the way with it. So here I sit, with a well-respected, successful, award winning, commercial-free, punk rock radio show, and a job with one of the top rock radio stations in Chicago, that I worked my ass of to obtain. One end of the spectrum to the other.

With that being said, this right here, is the result of worlds in which I exist. I hope to share all that is exposed to me in my two worlds...here...with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home