Torrid is Lane Bryant for Mean Girls

Your look inside of my musical heart.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Take back everything you ever said...

My hiatus is over, and I have returned at the request of the few people who actually read this.

Just a few things I've been thinking about relating to the music world and such:

-Rise Against is gigantic right now. So gigantic that they are still under the radar, which I haven't figured out if it's a good thing or not, nevertheless you can see them perform 4 or 5 songs live on MTV.com and they are good. The acoustic version of "Life Less Frightening" is whole new beast. The first show on the 19th at the Metro is sold out, but there is any way possible that you can make the show the next day on the 20th, I would say you must. An added bonus is that Break the Silence is also playing the show on the 20th, along with Alexisonfire and Tsunami Bomb.

-I was digging through a box of t-shirts the other day, looking for an XL for someone at work and it reminded me of the Dillinger Four show in Chicago a few months ago. The band was selling shirts and they only carried two sizes: man or girl. Now that is humor.

-I've been listening to the new Unwritten Law way more than I ever anticipated I would. They are just a cool band that have established themselves with their own sound. Every one of their albums have been completely different, so you really have to go into each one with no expectations.

-Aside from a few tracks, the new The Academy Is... album is kind of boring. They slowed it down a ton and made it dancy, which I'm not into and the hooks aren't as catchy as their EP. I expected more from all the buzz that has been stirred around them lately.

-The new Divide By Zero record is really good. I can't stress it enough, these guys have a sound that I am really into. Get this album.

-The Swellers played All Ages Radio this week and they were hot. It was their first trip to Chicago as a band and they played like they owned this place. I think I am going to try and get some of the recordings of live bands' sets from the show up online. That was a weird sentence.


Gordon like The Swellers.


Shout-outs.


It smelled like dude in there.


Much the Same are the big brothers of The Swellers, so Gunner and Jevin came by in support. Jevin and The Swellers did a cover of Shai Hulud covering NOFX' 'Linoleum' later on in the night, it was very awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home